To add or change a calendar event, please contact the church secretary at 256-864-0949.
List of Upcoming Events
- Wednesday Night Prayer Groups
- Every Wednesday, from 01/15/2014 to 04/16/2014, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Systematic Theology
- Every Thursday, from 03/06/2014 to 08/28/2014, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
There is going to begin a study on Systematic Theology on Thursday nights on March 6. It is for anyone who is interested in this type of study.
Systematic theology is any study that answers the question, “What does the whole Bible teach us today?” about any given topic.
We will be using Wayn Grudem’s book on “Bible Doctrines” as a text book. It is a more simple systematic study than his full “Systematic Theology” book.
The books cost around 18.00 and I will be ordering them in the next few days. By Monday I hope. If you are interested and/or need a book please let me know by Sunday. The class will be a discussion format with reasonable reading throughout the week. This is certainly not a mandatory class but I think it will be a great opportunity to grow in and reinforce what we believe.
I am not sure of the duration of the class. There are 34 lessons in the book but several can be lumped together and some of them will take longer than a week. Regardless, this should prove to be a good study so let me know.
- Good Friday Service
- Friday, April 18, 2014, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- No Evening Service
- Sunday, April 20, 2014, 12:00 AM
- Early Service at 8AM
- Sunday, April 20, 2014, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Resurrection Breakfast
- Sunday, April 20, 2014, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- Morning Worship
- Every Sunday, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Men's Prayer Meeting
- Every Tuesday, 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM
Men, join us Tuesdays at 6:30 AM in Room 108 for a time of prayer.
- Regional Drill
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:00 AM
- NLBC Spring Picnic
- Saturday, April 26, 2014, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
April 26th is the NLBC Spring picnic at the facility next to Athens High School. We have two pavilions rented and the ball field will be reserved. Please plan to come out and enjoy a fun time with the NLBC family. A grill will be provided, so bring meats and sides to enjoy along with games, fellowship, and softball! We will begin to gather around 9 a.m. and stay until around 2 p.m. Come and go as needed.
- Third Sunday, Fourth Sunday of the month, 12:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Evangelistic Outreach. For more information see Scott Phares immediately after the morning worship service for more information.
- Sunday School
- Every Sunday, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- NLBC Family Mtg. at 6PM
- Sunday, April 27, 2014, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Young Adult Bible Study at 6:30 p.m.
- First Friday, Third Friday of the month, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
High school students and young adults (ages 15 and up) meet at New Life in the gym on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month for supper, Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. Supper is around 6:30 p.m. and Bible study time begins around 7:00 p.m. For planning purposes, contact Chris or Cailean Williams at or 256-426-2272 to RSVP.
- Head of Household Meeting
- First Saturday of the month, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Men, join us for breakfast and Bible study the first Saturday of the month at 8:00 AM in the Gym.
- First Sunday Meal
- First Sunday of the month
Join us in the Gym for a fellowship meal on the first Sunday of the month immediately after the morning service, followed by an afternoon service at 1:30 PM. Visitors are invited! The church will provide the main course and drinks; members, please bring a covered dish with enough to feed your family plus one person. If you can help with cleanup, please contact the Calverts.
- Lord's Supper
- First Sunday of the month, 11:45 AM - 12:00 PM
We partake of the Lord's Supper the first Sunday of the month during the morning service.
- Sunday Evening Service
- Every Sunday, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Vacation Bible School
- Daily, from 06/23/2014 to 06/27/2014, 6:15 PM - 8:45 AM
New Life Baptist Church will be hosting a Vacation Bible School on June 23-27 from 6:15 p.m. to 8:45. All children K through 6th grade are invite to attend. We will also have a special needs class. If you have any questions or need any assistance please contact Yolonda Lovett at 256-714-1358 or email her at . Press the RSVP box to register you children.
- Baby Blessing
- Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Join us for NLBC's next Baby Blessing. We will be celebrating with Johanna Davis on July 12th from 10-12PM. This will be a time of fellowship, light refreshment and encouragement for Johanna. If you would like to bring a small, inexpensive gift, such as lotion, favorite snack, "mom need", scripture card, encouragement card, etc. there will be a special basket that we will be collecting these for her. There is no need to wrap anything that you bring. We will simply place the items in the basket for her to take home.