To add or change a calendar event, please contact the church secretary at 256-864-0949.
List of Upcoming Events
- Men's Prayer Meeting
- Every Tuesday, 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM
Men, join us Tuesdays at 6:30 AM in Room 108 for a time of prayer.
- Wednesday Night Prayer Groups
- Every Wednesday, from 01/15/2014 to 04/16/2014, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Systematic Theology
- Every Thursday, from 03/06/2014 to 08/28/2014, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
There is going to begin a study on Systematic Theology on Thursday nights on March 6. It is for anyone who is interested in this type of study.
Systematic theology is any study that answers the question, “What does the whole Bible teach us today?” about any given topic.
We will be using Wayn Grudem’s book on “Bible Doctrines” as a text book. It is a more simple systematic study than his full “Systematic Theology” book.
The books cost around 18.00 and I will be ordering them in the next few days. By Monday I hope. If you are interested and/or need a book please let me know by Sunday. The class will be a discussion format with reasonable reading throughout the week. This is certainly not a mandatory class but I think it will be a great opportunity to grow in and reinforce what we believe.
I am not sure of the duration of the class. There are 34 lessons in the book but several can be lumped together and some of them will take longer than a week. Regardless, this should prove to be a good study so let me know.
- Third Sunday of the month, 12:00 AM
Evangelistic Outreach. For more information see Nathan Loum immediately after church in Rm. 112.
- Sunday School
- Every Sunday, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Morning Worship
- Every Sunday, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Bible Drills
- Every Sunday, from 01/05/2014 to 04/13/2014, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Bible Drills will begin Sunday, January 5th at 5:00 p.m. We would like to encourage the children to come and participate. We will learn the Books of the Bible, how to find verses quickly, and memorize Bible verses and passages through practice and games while having a lot of fun together. We are in need of regular teachers, assistants, and special event organizers. Please contact Traci Calvert at .
- Sunday Evening Service
- Every Sunday, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Young Adult Bible Study at 6:30 p.m.
- First Friday, Third Friday of the month, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
High school students and young adults (ages 15 and up) meet at New Life in the gym on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month for supper, Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. Supper is around 6:30 p.m. and Bible study time begins around 7:00 p.m. For planning purposes, contact Chris or Cailean Williams at or 256-426-2272 to RSVP.
- NLBC Pancake Breakfast for Valley View Nursing Home
- Saturday, March 22, 2014, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Pancake Breakfast for Valley View Nursing Home residents and community outreach
- Bible Drills Party
- Friday, March 28, 2014, 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Head of Household Meeting
- First Saturday of the month, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Men, join us for breakfast and Bible study the first Saturday of the month at 8:00 AM in the Gym.
- First Sunday Meal
- First Sunday of the month
Join us in the Gym for a fellowship meal on the first Sunday of the month immediately after the morning service, followed by an afternoon service at 1:30 PM. Visitors are invited! The church will provide the main course and drinks; members, please bring a covered dish with enough to feed your family plus one person. If you can help with cleanup, please contact the Calverts.
- Lord's Supper
- First Sunday of the month, 11:45 AM - 12:00 PM
We partake of the Lord's Supper the first Sunday of the month during the morning service.
- Baby Blessing
- Saturday, April 12, 2014, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Join us for NLBC's next Baby Blessing. We will be celebrating with Adrienne Bowling on April 12th from 10-12PM. This will be a time of fellowship, light refreshment and encouragement for Adrienne. If you would like to bring a small, inexpensive gift, such as lotion, favorite snack, "mom need", scripture card, encouragement card, etc. there will be a special basket that we will be collecting these for her. There is no need to wrap anything that you bring. We will simply place the items in the basket for her to take home.
- Church Bible Drill @ 6PM
- Sunday, April 13, 2014, 12:00 AM
- Association Bible Drill
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
The Association Drill will be at Whitesburg Baptist Church.
- Regional Drill
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:00 AM
- NLBC Spring Picnic
- Saturday, April 26, 2014, 12:00 AM
- Baby Blessing
- Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Join us for NLBC's next Baby Blessing. We will be celebrating with Johanna Davis on July 12th from 10-12PM. This will be a time of fellowship, light refreshment and encouragement for Johanna. If you would like to bring a small, inexpensive gift, such as lotion, favorite snack, "mom need", scripture card, encouragement card, etc. there will be a special basket that we will be collecting these for her. There is no need to wrap anything that you bring. We will simply place the items in the basket for her to take home.